Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Half a year old! :)

Well today McKenna turned 6 months old! It is so weird to me to say I have a 6-month old daughter...I swear I was just saying I have a two week old! I could not stop looking at McKenna today and thinking how lucky I am. She is the best little girl - so curious and full of life, and I just love looking at life through her eyes. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her as my daughter, but I am truly blessed...Being a Mom is the best thing in the world :)

Today McKenna also had her 6 month check-up (I know... how mean right - shots on her 1/2 bday!) Doctor said she looked absolutely perfect and that her growth is perfectly on track! She said she is very strong and was amazed at how well she was sitting up. Then it was time for her shots....AHH!! Besides McKenna's first doctors appt. this was the first one Steve was able to go to, so he has never had to witness her getting shots...let's just say it was very hard for him to watch as well as for me. I just hate to see her in pain, but after I was able to pick her up she was fine....She actually did a lot better than her last two times getting shots, so I was a very proud Mommy :) Thankfully she doesn't have to get shots again until her 12 month checkup. I was telling Steve I can't wait until she's old enough that I can take her for ice cream after her shots :)

Here are a couple pics from today...

I am 6 months old today!


wants to be on the ground all day

 Cousin Kristin brought her these cowboy boots...they used to be Steve's :) The will fit her one day

Ripping paper is one of her favorite things to do

loves story time before bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment